Kirby Muxloe Library and Community Hub is operated totally by volunteers from the local community and surrounding area. As an organisation we are always looking for additional help. If you are interested in being involved or have a skill set that you think would be useful to running our Library and other facilities and you can give up just a few hours of your time we would be pleased to hear from you.
- Running the Library: Book Issue, returns and reservations, manage book stock
- New Library users: Issue library accounts and cards
- Computers: Help people use the public computers, printing etc.
- Website: design and maintenance
- Activities: e.g. Children’s story time, adult craft sessions
- Facilities: Cleaning, gardening, DIY, building maintenance
- Café: Serve tea, coffee and light snacks
- Publicity: contact local organisations and periodicals
- Fund Raising: Organising events, ideas
Any time you are able to give would be appreciated. Training would be given wherever required.
A registration of interest form is available at the Library or use the Contact Us web page.